One of the most common feelings we get when we’re lost and there’s nothing in our lives that sparks joy, is boredom.
I know this because I’ve felt it myself and because my audience has told me so.
When you’re not tapping into your full potential, when you’re on autopilot, when you’re stuck, feeling bored happens regularly.
Here’s a quick list of 30 things you can do right now to be productive and have fun if you feel extremely bored with life.
30 productive and fun activities you can do at home during the quarantine
- Instead of reading countless news about the virus (which are most times unconfirmed), read an autobiography by someone you admire. For non-fiction book recommendations, check out this page and this post.
- Meditate first thing in the morning.
- Do journaling for 10 minutes straight every morning after meditation.
- Start a side hustle (you can start a blog about a topic you’re passionate about).
- Reduce your social-media time and call a friend instead (and avoid talking only about the virus!).
- Declutter and clean your home. A clean and decluttered home can reduce your stress levels a lot!
- Watch Ted Talks and research the speakers and topics.
- Create a fun board on Pinterest full of online business ideas.
- Make a list of things you’d like to learn and watch videos about it on YouTube.
- Create a list of books you want to read on Goodreads
- Do a life audit or design your dream life.
- Start a creative hobby like painting, drawing or writing.
- Workout at home! There’s so much content about home workouts on YouTube 🙂
- Or do yoga or pilates (YouTube, again).
- Write a story about your favorite memory ever (and you can also post it online!).
- Enroll in an online course about a topic that has nothing to do with what you do on a daily basis. If you’re a lawyer, watch a course about astrophysics or math! You never know when you’ll find your next passion 🙂
- Find an interesting podcast about a topic you like and listen to several episodes.
- Take aimlief’s challenge to level up your mindset and go from scarcity to abundance.
- Start learning a new language. You can use Duolingo to learn basic sentences and words!
- Create a Pinterest board of motivational quotes.
- Update your LinkedIn profile and connect with more people like you.
- Create a vision board.
- Organize your life.
- Create a list of new habits you’d like to start.
- Instead of binge-watching shows and movies on Netflix, watch interesting documentaries.
- Find a cause you care about, learn more about it, and take action by joining a charity or donating.
- Print coloring pages and color! This is great to boost your creativity and reduce your anxiety levels.
- Plan your dream trip (no, the world is not going to end, so yes, you’ll be able to make that trip eventually!)
- Create a board on Pinterest with interior design ideas to implement.
- Create a powerful personal development plan
These are all things that can have amazing outcomes, many of which you can’t even imagine!
So, instead of being bored or letting anxiety consume you, why not make the most of this time?