This policy is valid from August 6th, 2019.
Updated – April, 2020
At aimlief (“we”, “our”, “us”), accessible from www.aimlief.com (hereinafter the “website”), one of our main priorities is the privacy of our Users (referred to below as “you”, “your”, “yours”) and that our users know how we use their information when they share it with us.
Types of Data we collect and how we use it
When accessing or using our website, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information (PII). This information includes but is not limited to: first name, email address, phone number, or other details.
We collect this information through forms, when you enter information on our website through surveys or forms to receive a free product, subscribe to our newsletter, sign in to our email list, contact us, leave comments or enter any information in order to communicate with us.
We also collect PII when you share our content via any social media platform.
We request this information in order to personalize our communications sent to you, to address you appropriately, to share information with you and to improve the overall experience when you’re using our website.
We may also use this information to send you tailored offers from us and/or our partners.
Additionally, like any other website, aimlief may automatically collect certain information about you through Log Data and cookies.
The information collected by log files include: internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movement on the website, and gather demographic information, which allows us to improve our content, services, products, performance and your use of the website.
Like any other website, aimlief.com uses ‘cookies’.
Cookies are files with small amount of data.
This data includes non-personally identifiable information which includes but is not limited to:
- geographic location
- date and time of pageviews
- IP address
These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited.
The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Cookies we collect help us understand our visitors.
You can choose to turn off all cookies. However, if you turn off cookies, some features of our website that help us offer you a better service, may not function properly.
We share data with Google. We use Google Analytics to collect and understand user’s data.
All of our activity complies with Google Analytics Terms of Service.
To know more about how Google collects and uses your data, go to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
The Data is processed at aimlief’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes.
In cases where this website specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
At our discretion and with the privacy of our Users in mind, we may provide your name and email address to contracted third-party mass communication platforms (like MailMunch and Mailerlite) for the sole purpose of facilitating authorized marketing and communications.
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties that help us operate our website and conduct our business.
We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law. You can find more information about this under “Legal Action” in this document.
Our website does not use Google AdSense, which places personalized advertisements on participating websites as a revenue source.
However, we do use Google to collect and understand User’s data in order to improve our content and services.
More information about how we use Google to collect your data can be found under “Tracking” in this same document.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We will comply with any request to correct, delete, or withdraw consent to our use of your information.
Please, keep in mind we must be able to verify your identity before providing you with an electronic copy of your information.
For more information, check the following website: https://www.eugdpr.org
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We comply with COPPA.
No page of www.aimlief.com is directed to persons under the age of 13 (“Children”).
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
We do not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com with “COPPA” in the subject line.
We will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
We take privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Once we receive your information, we will use appropriate security measures, like strong passwords and 2 factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data, but keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure.
This means that while we take privacy very seriously and use strict procedures to keep your information secure, we can not guarantee its absolute security.
Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
In addition to us, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by us.
The updated list of these parties may be requested from us at any time.
Legal basis of processing
We may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The rights of Users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by this website.
In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw your consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
You must know that, however, should your Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, you can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to exercise these rights
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by us in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this website or the related Services.
You declare to be aware that we may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This website does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
However, third parties we use to collect and understand your data may collect visitors’ personally identifiable information on our website.
We use Google Analytics to collect and understand user’s data.
To know more about how Google collects and uses your data, go to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the beginning.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of your consent, we shall collect new consent from you, where required.
Information for Californian consumers
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
In accordance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
This part of the document uses the term “personal information“ as it is defined in The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories of personal information collected, disclosed or sold
In this section, we summarize the categories of personal information that we’ve collected, disclosed or sold and the purposes thereof.
Information we collect: the categories of personal information we collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- first name: to personalize our communications sent to you and to address you appropriately
- email address: to share information with you. We may also use this information to send you tailored offers from us and/or our partners.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information without notifying you.
How we collect information: what are the sources of the personal information we collect?
We collect the above-mentioned categories of personal information, either directly or indirectly, from you when you use this website.
You also provide personal information indirectly when you navigate this website, as personal information about you is automatically observed and collected.
For example, you directly provide your personal information when you sign in to our email list, when you provide your name and email to receive a free product, or when you submit requests via any forms on this website.
Finally, we may collect your personal information from third parties that work with us in connection with the Service or with the functioning of this website and features thereof.
How we use the information we collect: sharing and disclosing of your personal information with third parties for a business purpose
We may disclose the personal information we collect about you to a third party for business purposes.
In this case, we enter a written agreement with such third party that requires the recipient to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose(s) other than those necessary for the performance of the agreement.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, in order to provide you with our Service.
To find out more about the purposes of processing, please refer to the relevant section of this document.
No sale of your personal information
We will not sell any of your personal information.
What are the purposes for which we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to allow the operational functioning of this website and features thereof (“business purposes”).
In such cases, your personal information will be processed in a fashion necessary and proportionate to the business purpose for which it was collected, and strictly within the limits of compatible operational purposes.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons such as for commercial purposes (as indicated within the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this document), as well as for complying with the law and defending our rights before the competent authorities where our rights and interests are threatened or we suffer an actual damage.
We will not use your personal information for different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
Your California privacy rights and how to exercise them
The right to know and to portability
You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories and sources of the personal information that we collect about you, the purposes for which we use your information and with whom such information is shared;
- in case of sale of personal information or disclosure for a business purpose, two separate lists where we disclose:
- for sales, the personal information categories purchased by each category of recipient; and
- for disclosures for a business purpose, the personal information categories obtained by each category of recipient.
The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12 months.
If we deliver our response electronically, the information enclosed will be “portable”, i.e. delivered in an easily usable format to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance – provided that this is technically feasible.
The right to request the deletion of your personal information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, subject to exceptions set forth by the law (such as, including but not limited to, where the information is used to identify and repair errors on this website, to detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activities, to exercise certain rights etc.).
If no legal exception applies, as a result of exercising your right, we will delete your personal information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
How to exercise your rights
For us to respond to your request, it’s necessary that we know who you are.
Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative;
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will not respond to any request if we are unable to verify your identity and therefore confirm the personal information in our possession actually relates to you.
If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
You can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
How and when we are expected to handle your request
We will confirm receipt of your verifiable request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process your request.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. Should we need more time, we will explain to you the reasons why, and how much more time we need. In this regard, please note that we may take up to 90 days to fulfill your request.
Our disclosure(s) will cover the preceding 12 month period.
Should we deny your request, we will explain you the reasons behind our denial.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act on the request. In either case, we will communicate our choices and explain the reasons behind it.
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect User’s email addresses in order to:
- send you relevant information and resources,
- market our content, products and services,
- market our partner’s content, products and services.
In accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to:
- Never use misleading header information;
- Never use deceptive subject lines;
- Identify the message as an ad in a clear and conspicuous way;
- Tell recipients where we’re located;
- Tell recipients how to opt-out of receiving future email from us;
- Honor opt-out requests promptly;
- Monitor what others are doing on our behalf.
You have the right to unsubscribe from our email list.
If you want to unsubscribe from our list and stop receiving emails from us, just follow the instructions located at the bottom of our emails.
We’ll remove you from our list immediately and you’ll stop receiving emails from us.