Feeling lost and unmotivated is common even when you have a clear vision of what you want.
The thing is, sometimes (if not most times) things don’t go as planned; something you thought would give you a specific result ends up giving you a different one. Then you end up lost, unmotivated, and confused.
I think that’s what I love about having a business: it’s a constant trial and error process; there’s no time for boredom here.
However, nothing’s perfect. The space boredom takes in most people’s lives, is occupied by frustration in the lives of those who work towards their goals every single day.
What makes it so fun is shaking off that frustration and trying again and again.
This is a short but sweet post. I’m sharing with you the things I tell myself when I feel like a failure.
These are the things I think about when I feel like anything I do is working or that I’ll never get to be where I want to.
I hope you find them as useful as I do.
8 Powerful Truths To Remember When You Feel Lost In Life
- Don’t let this mistake or failure go unnoticed. Learn from it.
- “You’re not lost, you’re just early in the process.” This is something Gary Vaynerchuk said that stuck with me the moment I read it.
- Nothing changes if you don’t change. Don’t expect different results from doing the same thing you’ve been doing over and over.
- Be patient. When you feel impatient you miss important cues and put you under unnecessary stress that ultimately prevents you from making real progress.
- Take a deep breath. Analyze what you’ve been doing so far. Evaluate your results. Adjust accordingly.
- Prioritize. Don’t try to bite more than you can chew.
- Don’t believe everything people tell you. And don’t think what you see is all there is. “Successful” people struggle too.
- The more you “fail” in your journey towards your own definition of success, the closer you are to getting there. People who never fail are people who never take risks, never dream, and never try something new. Failing isn’t necessarily “bad news.”
Hang in there. You got this.